**2,000 Sign on Bonus Provided for External Hires**
Are you an experienced lab technologist or lab supervisor looking for a new challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our Burlington, NC location! Our supervisors possess strong leadership and effective communication skills with the ability to develop and motivate staff. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you may know, LabCorp was the first national laboratory to launch molecular testing for the virus that causes COVID-19 and we have performed over 2 million PCR tests to date.
The role focuses primarily on COVID-19 PCR testing in the Molecular department of our Clinical Laboratory, where you will perform both automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used for the diagnosis and management of COVID-19. Along with testing thousands of COVID-19 samples per day, we have developed an at-home testing kit to give the public easier access to the diagnostic test. We are also conducting antibody tests which provides information to our patients as to whether they have been exposed to the virus or not. Ultimately, these test results will be studied to better understand the virus in hopes of developing better treatments, and a future vaccine.
The coronavirus is a Biosafety Level 2 disease (BSL2), similar to other blood borne pathogens tested at LabCorp, allowing us to utilize our existing universal safety policies and procedures that protects our employees. All COVID-19 specimens are tested under a hood which protects our employees from being exposed to any vapors, dusts, gases, or fumes from the specimens, as well as any possible splashes to the body. All employees are provided with the proper PPE including face shields and masks, lab coats, and gloves. We strictly enforce the use of PPE at all times, as well as frequently changing and cleaning of all the laboratory equipment. In addition, we have increased the frequency of the cleaning crews within the laboratory to ensure a safe environment for all of our employees. We pride ourselves on the safety measures taken within our facility to protect our employees who are dedicating their time to fighting this virus and making the world a safer place.
Assays performed in this department include both automated and manual testing, Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
This position will have a Baylor schedule and third shift hours from Saturday - Monday, 11pm - 11:30am. As a Baylor employee, you would be scheduled for 36 hours but eligible to be paid for 40 hours.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory group to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, plan/ schedule for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshoot/ escalate problems, as necessary
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory testing staff.
- Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees, including technical and non-technical team members
- Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensuring attendance expectations are being met
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement
- Provide technical troubleshooting and decision making
- Ensure QC and maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations based on thorough evaluation of technical, quality and efficiency impact
- Assist with monitoring sample progression and respond to sample status inquiries from customer service as needed
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends, local trends, and any emergency management
- Meet regularly with direct reports. Provide coaching and constructive feedback, and career development discussions. Write and deliver performance reviews and build a positive CRL team environment
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- ASCP certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous supervisor experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
Apply on company website