***$2,000 Sign on Bonus offered for external hires***
Monogram, part of LabCorp, is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join its clinical laboratory in South San Francisco. This position will be working in the GeneSeq department, performing highly complex diagnostic procedures on clinical specimens using molecular biology based technology in the areas of infectious disease testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used in the critical treatment of our clients. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for molecular biology techniques performed in this lab, including next generation sequencing and Sanger sequencing focused on genotypic testing.
The schedule for this position will be Sunday - Thursday, AM Shift (start between 7-9am)
- Perform routine/complex technical procedures/functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Testing areas include: genotyping: next generation sequencing and Sanger sequencing
- Utilize a wide array of instrumentation; automated liquid handling systems, MiSeq (sequencing system) and dna analyzers and perform preventative maintenance and calibrations as required
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other issues
- Perform appropriate QA/QC (Qualification) procedures.
- Review/monitor appropriate test performance indicators (initiate troubleshooting/occurrence reports as required)
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Analyze specimen data and report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Maintain professional competence through continuing education, in-service training programs for licensure and affiliations with professional organizations
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Provide oversight and technical guidance for unlicensed laboratory staff and clinical laboratory scientists in training
- Review, draft, and update Standard Operating Procedures and related testing documentation
- May assist in the development and validation of new assays and technology transfers from R&D
- Accept and perform additional duties as assigned
Monogram Biosciences, Inc.(a wholly-owned subsidiary of LabCorp), is a leader in developing and commercializing innovative diagnostic products to help guide and improve the treatment of HIV, HCV, and other viral illnesses, as well as cancer and other diseases. Monogram's services enable health care providers to optimize treatment regimens for their patients. Monogram also supports pharmaceutical companies in developing new and improved antiviral therapeutics and vaccines and targeted cancer therapeutics. Located in South San Francisco, Monogram provides an innovative and flexible work environment, where you will have the opportunity to be part of pioneering new diagnostics technologies.
Apply on company website