LabCorp is seeking a Lab Assistant to join our Microbiology team in Dublin, OH. This role works in a high volume, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
This role will be scanning and loading samples onto the Vitek instrumentation, while also performing instrumentation maintenance. It may also include limited data entry of samples into lab information system.
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
If you're looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Apply on company website