Labcorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Manager to join our team in South Bend, IN. This position will be responsible for overseeing the operations and administration of the clinical laboratory testing in multiple specialty clinic labs. Additionally, the Laboratory Manager will create, implement, and manage the policies, procedures and practices for optimal performance of the clinical diagnostics laboratory. This is a great leadership opportunity, where you will have the opportunity to facilitate innovation, manage change, and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality product for our word-class diagnostics laboratory!
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Direct the daily operational activities of multiple specialty clinics; both the technical and non-technical operations
- Effectively manage the staffing of the department and monitor the production schedule to ensure adequate coverage and proper use of overtime, and adjust as needed
- Directly supervisor, train, and mentor laboratory supervisors and have ownership and responsibility for all departmental staff
- Ensure the diagnostics laboratory provides market leading service levels, meeting the needs of our clients and corporate service metrics established for TAT
- Resolve client inquiries and operational issues in a timely manner by consulting with the Medical Director, Technical Director, QA, other laboratory managers, discipline directors, laboratory directors or corporate operations
- Ensure laboratory is compliant with corporate, state and federal regulatory requirements (CAP, CLIA, State, ISO, etc) related to personnel safety and quality of laboratory testing as well as professional conduct
- Assist with developing and implementing laboratory procedures and installation of equipment and methods
- Manage staff including recruiting & hiring qualified and enthusiastic employees, performance management, training and development
- Ensure effective communication with leadership, clients, sales, corporate operations, as well as direct reports and all departmental staff
- Conduct departmental meetings and ensure appropriate departmental communication
- Investigate deviations from established procedures to ensure effective corrective action
- Maintain technical knowledge in the assigned department(s) for the laboratory testing
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Apply on company website