Internal and External Description
The Integrated Oncology division of LabCorp is seeking a Team Leader to join their Molecular Oncology team! Assays performed in the Molecular Oncology Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including PCR, fragment analysis, sequence analysis, and gel electrophoresis.
This position will have 2nd shift hours from 1:00PM to 11:30PM, Wednesday -- Saturday. 4 10 hour shifts!
- Assisting department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
- Coordinating the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritizing, assigning and reviewing work.
- Notifying management of problem areas or issues in the lab.
- Assisting supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues.
- Acting as liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results.
- Attending regular management and staff meetings.
- Perform PCR based molecular oncology testing in accordance with standard operating procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of various types of cancer.
- Utilize a wide array of instrumentation, including Tecan, ABI 3130/3730, and ABI 7900 instruments, performing quality control and calibrations, as required.
- Serving as a primary trainer of new staff for the department.
- Recognizing problems and initiating troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems.
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
With scientific expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, and clinical and anatomic pathology, LabCorp processes tests on approximately 470,000 specimens each day, applying advances in medicine and science to laboratory testing. LabCorp operates a sophisticated laboratory network, with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 48,000 employees worldwide. Our 220,000 clients include physician offices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under ticker symbol LH. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at: www.labcorp.com.Requirements
- B.A./B.S. in Biology or relatable life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required
- Previous experience with performing PCR-based genetic testing preferred, but not required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Clinical Diagnostic Lab setting (4 years at the Technologist level), 7 years of experience in a Clinical Diagnostic Lab setting (6 years at the Technologist level), preferred.
Apply on company website