Scientist I (EA456) -- CDx Assay Development -- South San Francisco, CA
Monogram Biosciences is a subsidiary of Labcorp specializing in the development and performance of high complexity cell-based assays. Monogram currently has an exciting opportunity available for a PhD level Scientist to join the Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Development Team. The selected candidate will innovate, design and execute experiments to (a) demonstrate proof of concept and feasibility of novel assay candidates (b) provide technical expertise in support of assay development and (c) insure successful assay validation, implementation and regulatory approval. Along with other team members, he/she will design and execute experiments, critically analyze data and interpret results. The ideal candidate will have expertise and a proven track record in the development of cell-based infectivity and immuno-detection assays.
Experience in the development of bioinformatics tools to efficiently assess large and complex datasets will be considered advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and pioneering team that is tasked with the innovation, development and validation of novel CDx assays in support of potential curative therapies for severe inherited and acquired end-stage diseases.
Monogram is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated researcher to work within an integrated team developing and performing novel companion diagnostic (CDx) assays that support and enable emerging gene- and cell-based therapies.
Principal responsibilities of this position include supporting: (a) development, optimization, scale up and validation of new assays, (b) evaluation and implementation of new technology platforms, (c) assay training and transfer to a clinical reference laboratory environment and (d) internal studies and external collaborations leading to regulatory approval and assay commercialization.
- Design model systems for proof-of-concept studies
- Develop methods and perform data analysis/interpretation
- Design and execute appropriate analytical verification studies
- Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, summary reports and presentations
- Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings and project meetings
- Participate and present findings at conferences
- Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
- Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable
Apply on company website