Principal functional responsibilities: 1. Performs daily worksheet preparation.
2. Performs specimen receiving and accessioning.
3. Includes coordinating, identifying and requesting shared samples.
4. Addressing and responding to specimen inquiries throughout the day.
5. Includes prioritizing, sorting, scanning, tracking and routing of samples to the appropriate testing laboratories in the Laboratory Information System.
6. Performs various laboratory maintenance procedures.
a. Includes daily start up procedures.
b. Includes daily, weekly and monthly maintenance procedures.
c. Includes daily and weekly laboratory disinfection.
7. Performs specimen delivery to required campus locations and labs.
8. Monitoring and maintaining consumable inventory.
9. Performs data entry as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies and maintains appropriate logs and records as required.
12. Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
a. Wears proper PPE when handling and processing specimens.
b. Discards biohazard waste properly.
c. Notifies supervisor or Medical Director immediately of any lab accident or exposure incident.
13. Adheres to lab compliance policies.
14. Maintains 5S responsibilities.
15. Shows a high level of respect for all lab personnel, supervisor and directors.
16. Shows willingness to perform duties until they are complete.
17. Represents laboratory in a professional manner.
* Understands that all patient information is confidential.
18. Participates in proficiency testing as required.
* Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
* Verifies with supervisor handling and processing procedures prior to testing proficiency samples.
19. Participates in required Continuing education activities.
20. Attends all required meetings and represents laboratory in a professional manner. Requirements 1. Required Education and Experience
a. Requires an AAS degree in a life science OR a high school diploma with 1-2 years of clinical lab experience
2. Experience Preferred
a. Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
b. Ability to type at a minimum of 5000 key strokes per hour
c. Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain quality standards determined by the clinical laboratory
d. Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
e. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others
f. Familiar with the basic principles of flow cytometry.
g. Experience in a clinical lab setting.
3. Training includes but is not limited to:
* Safety issues
2. Bloodborne pathogens
3. Hazardous waste
4. Safety equipment
5. Evacuation plan and route
* Instrument training checklists (as applicable)
1. Flow cytometers
2. CBC analyzer
3. Slide stainer
* Procedure training checklists (as applicable)
1. Accessioning training
2. Computer systems
4. Data Entry Shift 1 Schedule Wednesday to Saturday 8:00am to 6:30pm
Apply on company website