Integrated Oncology, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, provides reference anatomic pathology, hematopathology and molecular pathology testing services to hospitals, health systems and independent oncology practices. Integrated Oncology is focused on providing world class solutions to better the lives of patients living with cancer.
LabCorp is seeking a Technologist to work in one of our offices in Phoenix, AZ! This is a great opportunity to get targeted training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Flow Cytometry field. New graduates and experienced Technologist wanted!
The technologist performs high complexity testing pursuant to established and approved protocols requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Duties include overseeing the maintenance of equipment and records, and the performance of quality activities related to test performance.
The shift for this position is Tuesday -- Saturday, 8:00am -- 4:30pm
- Prepares cell suspensions and performs cell counts on all specimens designated for immunophenotyping.
- Stains aliquots of cell suspensions with designated panels of fluorescent antibodies for immunophenotyping.
- Operates flow cytometer instruments and acquires the data necessary for all immunophenotyping tests provided by the Flow Cytometry Laboratory.
- Stains cell suspensions and acquires data on the flow cyotmeter for analysis.
- Analyzes data using approved protocols and software.
- Runs daily standard checks for instrument alignment and reagent QC on the flow cytometers.
- Reagent Preparation:
- Maintains stock and reagent solutions.
- Validates and tests new reagents.
- Able to troubleshoot instruments and solve reagent problems.
- Quality Control:
- Evaluates and documents results on all positive and negative controls of each assay.
- Participates in or ensures the documentation of the daily performance criteria of reagents and equipment.
- Performs, by instruction or independently, validations for new reagents, procedures or equipment.
- Reviews quality control reports generated by Technicians.
- Inventory Control--Ensures a consistent supply of reagents and consumables is always on hand by making recommendations to the supervisor.
- Generates incident reports when appropriate.
- Tracks the movement of patient specimens either electronically or using manual logs.
- Responsible for the knowledge and practice of safety SOPs in the laboratory.
- Complete all required EHS training.
- Wear appropriate PPE as required.
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, LC EHS policies / procedures and the requirements of accrediting organizations.
- Conduct work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences from an accredited institution.
- 1-2 years of experience in Flow Cytometry preferred. If you do not have experience, must have an MLS and be ASCP Certified or eligible.
- Ability to pass a standard color vision test,
- State Personnel licensure (when applicable)
- NY -- State License
- TN -- Medical Technologist License
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!Shift 1 Schedule Tuesday-Saturday 8:00am-4:30pm
Apply on company website