INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 20 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:St. Joseph, MI
Department:1017050 Laboratory - St. Joseph
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Hours:1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., with every other weekend/holiday Job Summary
Under direction of site management performs basic phlebotomy procedures including venipuncture and capillary collections; specialized procedures; EKGs; basic specimen processing and registration functions.
Full time 1st shift (0500-1330) working every other weekend and holiday• Utilizing standard venipuncture techniques, appropriate blood specimens are collected by adhering to correct collection and transport protocol including positive patient identification. • Perform specialized blood collection procedures such as capillary collections, blood cultures, nursing home collections, homebound collections, legal alcohol collections and glucose tolerance tests adhering to defined protocols. • Perform EKG testing according to defined protocol at appropriate locations. • Performs non-blood specimen collections including drug screen and breath alcohol collections according to defined collection and transportation protocol. • Process patient specimens according to defined procedures, including advanced registration, order entry and processing of specialized specimens. • Provide assistance to technical staff. Job assignments may include glassware cleaning, loading and unloading analyzers, adding on testing, sorting specimens, receiving inpatient, ER and OR specimens, answering phone calls. • Teach and orient new associates or students in phlebotomy and laboratory assistant skills or tasks. • Follow all laboratory safety and appropriate isolation procedures to minimize the risk to self and others; report gaps and escalate as necessary. • Performs other duties as assigned. • Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Education:High School / GED / Math And Reading Assessment (Required)
Certifications:Phlebotomy - Certification
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking,
Frequently: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Communication skills with emphasis on professional impression and grammatical expression.
• Detail-oriented, emphasizes accuracy.
• Ability to handle workload in stress filled environment without producing errors.
• Tolerance for tedium/repetition.
• Must be able to perform a variety of basic skills according to patient care need and apply skills for the care role.
• Must demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize and manage time.
• Work as a team member sharing information on workload and problems, help co-workers as needed; escalates issues when appropriate.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website