INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Department:1056985 Nursing Units - Pine Ridge
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Hours:8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Job Summary
Function as clinical leader and liaison with staff, physicians and management, providing continuity of leadership day to day. Act as a role model, mentor, coach and resource person to staff to ensure all unit standards are maintained and to encourage team environment. Assist manager in attracting, developing, and retaining qualified staff members. Duties may include assisting with hiring, orientation, monitoring, and evaluating performance, problem solving, employee counseling and staffing. Responsible for maintaining a safe environment that fosters positive customer service and meets all quality standards, implementing new and monitoring ongoing processes.
This role provides opportunity for leadership succession.
May be required to work up to 6 weekends a year
- Account for and coordinates day-to-day operations including patient flow, staff assignments, projecting staffing needs, adjusting staffing for volumes. Is “in charge”. Delegate and supervise care. Coordinate operations with other area(s) to ensure continuity of care for the patient.
- Serve as a clinical expert, mentoring associates, maintain positive relationships and build teamwork. Acts as a role model, coach and evaluates staff performance. Provide ongoing feedback to staff related to job performance and departmental processes (focuses on real-time performance coaching, administer focus feedbacks if necessary)
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory standards, maintain department in survey readiness, policies, procedures, and standards. Evaluate quality and appropriateness of care. Conduct audits for regulatory compliance as well as department quality of care.
- Coordinate with staff educator to meet educational needs in new policies, procedures and techniques. Provide “just in time education”. Participate in associate interviewing, orientation, and provides input for performance reviews.
- Evaluate/ Function as a preceptor in orienting new associates and assisting with the completion of the orientation checklist. Assist with Return Demonstrations/Clinical Observations and training.
- Co-facilitate planning and conducting of shared governance meetings. Create and supports and environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged and valued. Participates in clinical care committees.
- Assist with ensuring that assigned area(s) are supplied with all the equipment and materials necessary to provide the level of nursing care required in the care plans.
- Participate in physician rounding and in leads in Multi-disciplinary patient rounding. Confer with physicians and other personnel concerning patient care or other matters relating to assigned area(s). Provide professional nursing care as required and can fill in as staff nurse when needed.
- Understand patient satisfaction scores; and can relay this in practical terms to the staff.
- Effectively communicates through difficult situations and effectively manages conflict.
- Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values.
Education:Bachelors: Nursing (Required), Bachelors Degree in Progress: Nursing (Required)
Certifications:*RN License - State of Michigan
Skills:Coordination Additional Job Details
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website