INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Department:1017702 Pharmacy - Niles
Shift:Variable (United States of America)
Hours:Variable, weekends, and holidays Job Summary
Provide daily patient focused clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients of all age groups of Lakeland Regional Health System to include, but not limited to, medication dosing, chart review, patient education, floor rounds and physician intervention. Participate on committees and give special reports. Rotate through the distributive pharmacy as scheduled.
License/Registration/Certification Required: Current Registered Pharmacist MI License. Controlled substance MI license. BLS required to administer vaccine.• Directly perform order entry on the unit and in the pharmacy.
• Perform daily chart review, floor rounds and physician intervention.
• Provide patient, nurse, community, and physician education.
• Provide clinical training to Pharm. D. students as assigned.
• Provide long term care nursing home consultation as assigned.
• Participate in investigational drug protocols.
• Provide all of the functions as a staff pharmacist.
• Participate in the staff development education program.
• Perform accurate and timely input of interventions and ADR's.
• IV compounding and verification, adherence to quality control procedures for IV compounding.
• Complete all medication reconciliation duties per policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Certifications:*Pharmacist Clinical - State of Michigan, BCLS Certification - AHA
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Standing, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Bending, Squatting, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: The staff clinical pharmacist will educate, consult and interact with outpatients and inpatients directly on a daily basis concerning medication therapy and treatment. The pharmacist will also interact daily with physicians', nurses and other health care workers directly.
The staff clinical pharmacist must be able to solve complex medical problems dealing with therapies, adverse reactions, drug interactions and dosing on a daily basis. The pharmacist must be able to interact with other health care workers in a professional and effective manner. The pharmacist must be able to use diplomacy and skill in resolving issues between pharmacy and other health care professionals. The pharmacist must be able to supervise all technician staff and oversee completion of daily work responsibilities. The pharmacist must be able to use computer systems, word processors, spread sheet programs and clinical programs as are needed to complete the daily work assigned.
Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website