INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:2550 Meadowbrook Rd
Department:Foundations - VP Philanthropy and President of Foundations
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours:8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Job Summary
This mission-critical position serves as the key steward for a rich portfolio of current and prospective philanthropists in support of Spectrum Health Lakeland. This position is expected to meet annual fundraising targets by identifying, engaging, cultivating, and ultimately soliciting major gifts from donors, thereby advancing the health system's mission and creating meaningful impacts in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of the mission. The officer will also be responsible for employing industry acceptable standards, procedures and techniques of fundraising which will result in philanthropic gifts and event sponsorships. Performance of duties will require local travel throughout southwest Michigan. Working hours may include evenings and weekends on occasion. Once a gift is made, the officer will then be responsible for donor recognition, appropriate stewardship of the gift and continuing activities to sustain the relationship.
- Computer software experience including Internet research, office products, presentation and relational database (Familiarity with Raiser's Edge NXT software a plus)
- Discretion with confidential materials required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel.
- Goal oriented, self-motivated.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work independently; a solid understanding of the inner-workings of all areas of fundraising
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skill required.
- Familiarity with direct mail strategies, print production, bulk mail procedures and previous special event coordination experience are preferred.
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and documentation of follow-up.
- Must have the presence to represent Spectrum Health Lakeland in a favorable light. This includes enthusiasm about the mission of Spectrum Health Lakeland and the ability to articulate its case persuasively and directly.
- Must also have the capacity to work professionally and sympathetically with individuals possessing many different points of view and having diverse interests.
- Work closely with constituent groups to develop fundraising priorities and strategies.
- Experience in working with and soliciting individual donors on a one on one basis.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors and donor prospects.
- Develop and manage stewardship tracking in Raiser's Edge NXT database, ensuring that necessary prospect information is recorded accurately and efficiently.
- Research and recommend new and additional stewardship opportunities (i.e. best practices) to convey the impact of donors' gifts, the Health System's gratitude, and to promote further giving.
- Communicate regularly with donors and prospects to ensure adequate/high levels of engagement.
- Organize and execute fundraising events; cultivate and solicit sponsors and participants.
- Establish and maintain a prospect portfolio of approximately 50 prospects/donors.
- Provide personalized stewardship to assigned donors.
- Assist in the planning of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities and events.
- Be active with organizations in the communities that Lakeland serves.
- Be an active member of a fundraising professional association, i.e. Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) and/or the Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Carry responsibility for segments of capital campaigns as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable about IRS gift receipt requirements.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the VP for Philanthropy.
Education:Associates: Related Field (Required), Bachelors: Related Field
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Standing, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written. • Strong writing skills to produce and write fundraising materials, thank you letters, sponsorship proposals, etc. • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail• Commitment to execution and follow through • Knowledge of fund development strategies and tactics• Proficient with fundraising software and information technology• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website