INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:Benton Harbor, MI
Department:1007259 Mercy Infectious Disease
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours:8:00am - 5:00pm Job Summary
- Functions as a clinical preceptor and is responsible for training new staff.
- Exhibits understanding and promotes the practice of safety, infection control and clinical standards to ensure optimal team member performance.
- Provides schedule management for ensuring patients see the right provider at the right time. Ensures patient flow is maintained.
- Responsible for audits and collaborative review.
- Ensures electronic medical record quality and billing accuracy.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Issues oral and written instructions. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. Supports business metrics for the practice. Maintains confidentiality.
- Assists Practice Manager with the monitoring of time and attendance records and payroll for team members. Notifies Practice Manager of any staffing shortages and/or needs. Assists with coverage of those shortages. Assists Practice Manager with daily staffing at assigned location. Arranges coverage for sick call-ins, vacations, leaves, and other time off.
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members and assist with resolving patient relation issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values.
License/Registration/Certification Required: Current Medical Assistant Certification or Registration. American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support within three months from hire/transfer date. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support.
As required per clinic: Acquire and maintain current certification/training in or obtain within 6 months of hire/transfer date unless otherwise designated
- Certification for TB Skin Testing (TST)
- Drug Collection Screening Certification
- Urine Drug Collection Screening UDS) Certification and Breath Alcohol Training (BAT) Certified
- VFC and MICR Training
- Point of Care Training (POCT)
- Haz Mat (HNHS) Handling Certified (or become certified within 3 months of hire/transfer)
Minimum Education Required: If advanced education NOT required, check appropriate box:
☒High School Diploma or GED
☐Ability to read at an 8th grade level and perform mathematical computations at a 6th grade level as documented by successfully passing a math and reading test.
Minimum Experience Required: 2 years of experience working in a physician practice or healthcare setting. Experience working as a medical assistant. Experience using EPIC. Must complete preceptor training within 6 months in position.
Additional Experience Preferred: Experience as an EPIC SuperUser. Experience in process improvement or Lean.
Skills (Interpersonal and job complexity): Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.Clinic Representative – 20% of time: • Act as a resource person for all providers, patients, and associates at the clinic to resolve or address issues as needed. Collaborate with the management team on implementation and follow through policies, procedures, safety programs, quality improvement plans, regulatory issues and others as applicable. • Communicate problems and concerns (with solutions) in operations to management. Provide input to the manager/supervisor during associate reviews or clinic issues. • Collaborate with the “Preceptor” to ensure that new associates are thorough and comprehensive training. Participate in clinic meetings to ensure clinic communication of issues. • Responsible for “on the spot” service recovery with patients. Patient Specialist - 30% of time: • Interview patients to obtain information about a patient's situation, providing information about available services, and providing specific assistance to help people use community resources. • Promotion and protection of patient's rights and/or concerns and monitor a patient's compliance with a program's expectations. • Coordinate and follow up of patient life issues (ie. Transportation), care coordination with other services (ie. Mental health, special needs patients, obesity, ADHD) • Patient education as recommended by the provider. • Coordinate with provider, controlled substance agreement and forensic testing needs, review provider's schedules ahead of time to ensure testing, imaging, and labs are done before visit. Clinic Float - 50% of time: • Float within the clinic according to the clinic needs (ie. prior auths, immunizations, coverage, etc…) • Perform other duties as assigned. • Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Certifications:*Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - AAMA
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Standing, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (Epic, Outlook, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office.
• Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and approved abbreviations.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of people within and without the organization.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website