Lakeside Book Company is looking for an HR Generalist to partner with the business. You will have the opportunity to touch all parts of HR and work with lots of different areas of our manufacturing and fulfillment center. We have 3 sites within Harrisonburg and nearly 1,300 employees. We are making a lot of investments in our people and processes and we need HR Generalists like you to help our organization get better every day! This role will evolve over the next several months, so an eagerness to learn, grow and take on new responsibilities will be important as we refine our HR organization.
Main Location: 2347 Kratzer Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22802 with other facilities at 1025 Willow Springs Rd., Harrisonburg, VA 22802 and 1433 Pleasant Valley Rd., Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
As an HR Generalist, you will:
- Just like everyone else in the U.S., you'll be focused on "winning the war for talent". Create an engaging candidate experience, and deliver a recruiting process that brings in great employees.
- Bring ideas forward on ways in which we can improve in all we do.
- Build relationships with managers, coach them through tough situations, be a sounding board to them, and offer up customized suggestions in all areas in which they and the business can improve.
- Consult with employees when they have questions, concerns, or formal employee relations issues. Manage the issue through resolution, getting others involved as needed, interpreting policies, and using logic for each unique situation.
- Actively be out on the manufacturing or fulfillment center floor to build relationships with employees and provide pro-active employee relations.
- Create an environment where employees and managers feel comfortable coming to you, even with sensitive topics. Build a level of trust that they have confidence that you will keep things confidential and be able to provide solutions.
- Deliver strategic programs, such as employee engagement, training, onboarding, performance management, development, skills training, succession planning, wages structures, etc.
- Oversee worker compensation, ensuring that employees get the care they need and the company does its part timely.
- Foster communication and collaboration with all departments in Lakeside Book Company.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR function and 1+ years in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 2+ years of experience attracting and recruiting entry-level employees
- Experience with employment laws, company policies, and working through them in a logical manner
Apply on company website