Job Description SummaryLamb Weston, Inc. is seeking an energetic, passionate, and driven leader with a history of proven results, to assist in the implementation and expansion of LOC (Lamb Weston Operating Culture.) LOC is Lamb Weston's own continuous improvement program and is based on Total Productive Maintenance and Lean Manufacturing principles. The person holding this position will gain an overall understanding of LOC, and expert level knowledge of the tools and methodologies of the AMD Pillar. They will work with the Director of Supply Chain LOC, other LOC Pillar Leaders and plant personnel to utilize these tools and methodologies to achieve business objectives.
The intent of LOC is to create a continually improving, high performance, world class manufacturing culture where everyone is learning and able to perform to their full potential. LOC Pillar Leaders support this endeavor by ensuring that sound continuous improvement methods are deployed and by raising the technical and practical skills of the individuals within the workforce.
The AMD Pillar provides plant operating staff members with the skills and knowledge to understand and care for their equipment. Through AMD Pillar methods, operators recognize and appropriately respond to equipment defects and abnormalities, preventing minor issues from becoming catastrophic failures.
Through the AMD Pillar, equipment is restored to "Running Like New" condition, and standards, operating procedures, and visual controls are established to make operations much easier and more consistent. AMD leads to a culture of empowerment and equipment ownership.
The key responsibilities of the LOC AMD Pillar Leader include:
- To teach, coach and support plant AMD Pillar Leaders and Teams on AMD methodology
- To demonstrate the methods, tools and benefits of AMD.
- To develop and maintain pillar systems and standards documentation and teaching material.
- To conduct AMD health checks in the plants and ensure that AMD methodologies are consistently applied.
- To track and communicate platform progress and results from AMD activities.
- Five or more years of Change Leadership and Process Implementation with Demonstrated Results
- Experience in coaching, training and adult learning
- Demonstrated success in Building and Leading Effective Teams
- Energy, Passion and Persistence with a vision that inspires followership
- An understanding of equipment reliability concepts, including operator basic care and preventative maintenance
- An understanding of lean manufacturing, 5S, root cause analysis and standard work
- Effective communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to influence change
- Demonstrated passion for Continuous Improvement and Lean Methodologies
- Ability and eagerness to learn LOC Philosophies and Methods and teach others
- Experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in the food industry
- A willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience in a learning environment
Apply on company website