Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Hermiston, OR
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Food, Beverage
Job Description SummaryResponsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Leads activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment. Provides technical and problem solving support for the plant and maintenance crews. Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve Plant's key performance goals for overall maintenance performance. Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. 3 years related experience.
- Position is responsible for promoting maintenance safety and overseeing maintenance activities under the direction of the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Works with plant maintenance leadership to develop preventative maintenance plans to reduce equipment downtime and optimize labor utilization.
- Works with team members to create emergency maintenance solutions for the facility.
- Provides technical and problem solving support for the plant operations and maintenance crews.
- Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve the plant's key performance goals for overall maintenance performance.
- Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety standards.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Responsible for setting up and training of mechanics.
- Directs, administers, and coordinates plant safety policy to maintenance crews.
- Support capital improvement program with cost saving ideas to maximize plant profitability.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- 4 Year degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Ability to work all hours of the day and all days of the week.
- Ability to be on call and respond to problems within assigned scope.
- Experience in industrial maintenance programs and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb steps and ladders.
- Work Environment is variable, including hot, cold, humid, indoor, and outdoor.
- 2 years' experience in a potato processing facility.
- Direct experience with hydraulics, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems is preferred.
- Superior Equipment Troubleshooting and Problem Solving Skills.
- Must be willing/able to pass the Oregon State Limited Manufacturing Plant Electrical License exam.
- Ability to maintain the facilities electrical infrastructure per the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E.
- Solid background in PLC programming, trouble shooting and control panel systems design.
- Experience in SCADA systems design and database management.-Experience with digital instrumentation and industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus..)
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or C programming languages a plus.
- Ability to think outside the box to help drive innovation.
Apply on company website