Job Description SummaryAssists with various activities in the accounting department, including compiling payroll data, processing employee benefits, reconciling cash receipts, and coordinating billing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Support to Managers, Office Staff and hourly employees.
- Prepare & Report plant operational cost.
- Input hourly job and cost center changes.
- Verify, balance, and reconcile various types of transactions.
- Input purchase requisitions for services and supplies.
- Process data and send invoices for accounts receivable.
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers.
- Collect information on new vendors to be added into the system.
- Verify and process payroll.
- Posts and balance subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare, adjust, and close journal entries.
- Participates in safety and health focused improvements.
- Assists in preparing budgets and reports including estimates and forecasts.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Apply on company website