Job Description SummaryThe Frozen Sorter Operator operates and adjusts all packaging frozen sorters and sizing equipment for smooth and productive operations; monitors line flow and waste; corrects problems which affect quality and production costs; and makes adjustments as directed by the Team Leader. This position will be responsible for ensuring the optimum performance of the Packaging Optical Sorting Equipment. This position will also be responsible for the operation of any equipment upgrades as well as any future packaging sorting equipment. This position will work with both packaging and maintenance personnel, and will be an essential part of accomplishing the daily hands on operation, sanitation, and maintenance of the equipment. This position will need to provide problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities in dealing with equipment performance, equipment maintenance, product quality, training and equipment improvement. This position will be expected to have a strong focus on continuous improvement efforts and always be looking for ways to better the process. This position reports to production.
Individuals in this position must:
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
· Change SLC set points as necessary to maintain product quality levels and maximize recovery.
- Monitors product flow during defrost and unscheduled breaks in the line.
- Understands SLC set-up and standard operating principles.
- Is able to calibrate and optimize sorter performance
- Ability to perform Clean Up and sanitation procedures
- Champion safety activities in the plant and around frozen sorter equipment
- Give direction to off-shift Inspection Operators.
- Train to become the in-house expert on operating the Frozen Sorter equipment. This includes all feed equipment such as conveyor belts and shaker conveyors.
- Champion AMD efforts on frozen optical sorters,
- Training and teaching of other sorting equipment operators. This will at times require working on off shifts and weekends. Must interact with operators, maintenance personnel and plant leadership to oversee the operation, maintenance, and sanitation of the frozen Optical sorters.
- Will operate all optical sorting equipment to optimize quality targets.
- Must be able to interface with Lamb Weston Quality data bases to enter required quality check that are assigned by leadership.
- Must attend any related training made available to improve equipment performance.
- Must be able to diagnose problems with mechanical and electrical systems and engage appropriate resources for repair.
- Build and maintain working relationships with the corporate technicians and become their primary plant contact.
- Must know how to write notifications in SAP.
- Execute Preventative Maintenance activities as assigned.
- Assist mechanics in performing maintenance work, repair, and adjustments of processing equipment; Learn and perform line checks and preventive maintenance (PM) tasks, including documentation, lubrication, and inspection of equipment to maintain center lines. Help develop effective work plans and enhanced preventative maintenance plans.
- May be required to work any and all days of the week or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Employee must be Lock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85 dB.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
- Will be frequently exposed to a cold environment.
- May occasionally work around airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
- Will work around forklift traffic.
Apply on company website