Job Description SummaryThe general labor position covers a wide variety of jobs requiring some basic training and direction by the supervisor. These jobs may occur in any area of the plant or, on occasion, may require working in raw product storages or potato fields. These jobs require good physical stamina and are labor intensive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
· Perform the set up and breakdown of tote bins and pallets within the plant. Fills, rakes and moves the totes to staging areas via hand jack.
· Properly stack knocked down totes and pallets.
· Operate simple equipment including power hand jack and tote bin dump.
· Repeatedly lift and stack cases of finished product as assigned.
· Maintain good housekeeping in his/her assigned area: Sweep, shovel potatoes, rake, vacuum, hose, scrape, paint, pull vines, and shovel snow or sand as directed.
· Rework damaged or restricted cases and bags of product.
· Adapt to changing work environments: work outside cleaning raw product storages, work in the wet prep area, or shovel spilled product in a frozen warehouse.
· Work in field digging potato samples.
- Work in Raw Receiving pulling rocks and vines as trucks are unloaded.
- Work on the back dock assisting load-out drivers with rail and truck loading and performing cleanup as required to keep dock area clean.
- May be assigned to painting projects.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory or lead personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To successfully perform this job, an individual must:
· Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions.
· Be knowledgeable of safe lifting techniques.
· Actively practices and abides by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
· Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the
task being done.
· Be able to communicate orally and/or in writing at a level to effectively complete the tasks of this position.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to effectively communicate in English.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
· Must be able to lift, push, and pull heavy items repeatedly.
· Must have good eye-hand coordination.
· Must have good finger and manual dexterity.
· Is required to reach with his/her hands and arms repetitively.
· Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds on continuous basis, and, on occasion, up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
· Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
· Is frequently exposed to moderately cold surroundings.
· Is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moderate heat.
· May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
· Will regularly work in a work environment in which the noise level is usually loud.
- May be assigned to work outside, both on and off plant property.
Apply on company website