Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for the inspection of visible blemishes, misshapen units, and the insurance of a sound quality product. This position also requires being actively engaged in safety, participating in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, requires performing risk assessments and demonstrating ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor conditions of both the primary and secondary containers when necessary
- Monitor the line is operating smoothly and help where necessary
- Put kwik locks onto drop bags when necessary
- Add crude trays to the tray maker when necessary; unplug tray maker when necessary
- Fold stickers and place into secondary container when spec calls
- Ensure product is trayed and cased correctly and efficiently with minimal amount of waste
- Ensure the shrink wrap, drop bags and overall condition of the pack wrap is in good condition prior to casing; help train new personnel in the position of co-product hand pack
- Ensure the secondary containers have the appropriate case amount in accordance with customer and case specifications; strip out product to garbage when necessary
- Maintain good housekeeping in his/her assigned area: Sweep with a broom and/or squeegee and shovel
- Inform the Supervisor immediately of any finished product change, excessive waste, and/or any unusual condition
- Report any personnel problems, safety violations or hazards, infractions of plant rules, etc. to the Supervisor; Rework damaged or restricted cases and bags of product
- Inspect cooked frozen potato products at the frozen inspection station at the exit of the spiral freeze tunnel
- Ensure trays are sleeved in a poly bag and placed in a case when necessary
- Perform all other duties assigned/requested by the team lead or supervisor.
- May be required to train on the operation of production equipment
- Required to stand for long periods of time and must be able to move quickly
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to reach, push and pull with hands and arms
- Ability to safety lift up to 35 lbs.
Apply on company website