Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for inspecting and sorting raw product, frozen product, and finished bag quality. This position may also be required to handle finished product cases for rework and operate balers or tools safely. This position requires long periods of standing, sitting, and repetitive use of hand/arms to sort through product. Must be able to scan and look for defects or foreign material while standing for long periods of time. On Rotate shift this position may be required to be cross trained to perform clean-up for various projects.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Understand and comply with all safety and department policies and procedures.
- Keep a professional attitude in stressful situations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment as directed by plant policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as required.
- Must actively practice and abide by all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and general hygiene regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Reports directly to Trim Lead on shift assigned.
- Make sure that PPE is clean and in good condition.
- Must follow knife safety procedures.
- Must be able to stay focused on pay attention to the flow of product for long periods of time.
- Must have a good understanding of what Foreign Material is and how it impacts the customer.
- Any metal or glass foreign material must be reported immediately.
- Must have a good understanding of what is considered a defect.
- Must attend monthly communications meetings or attend meetings as directed by Trim Lead.
- Must report any situations in which Foreign Material may have or is entering the line.
- Breaks longer than those allowed by company policy are not permitted.
- Must be able to rework cased product into totes in a timely manner.
- Must maintain up to date annual validation as required by plant training program.
- Must return trim bars prior to the end of their schedule assigned shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader or lead personnel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and climb up and down stairs. The employee is regularly using repetitive motion with hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is seldom required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee may be frequently exposed to moderate hot or cold temperatures. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
Apply on company website