Job Description SummaryJob Summary
This position requires sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), creating/uploading journal entries, coordinating the distribution of routine financial reports, maintaining/updating monthly accounting schedules, assistance with and/or preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations, and assistance with preparation of audit schedules. This position will act as a support betweenthe HR function and Financial Reporting teams. The consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of this communication are vital and must clearly convey all outstanding issues.
- Provide support for internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconcile HR and Finance information systems.
- Partner with HR teams to reconcile and manage acruals related to payroll, benefits, retention, sign-on, and other employee activities.
- Support HR in forecasting, budgeting, capital projects, and salary planning.
- Respond to information requests from external/internal customers
- Distribute routinely generated financial accounting reports.
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger, which includes preparing and uploading journal entries, SAP Business Objects reporting and use of the electronic balance sheet account reconciliation tool.
- Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritize multiple activities to ensure accurate and timely completion of both scheduled and extemporaneous tasks within a tight deadline.
- Evaluate effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment and develop improvements as needed.
- Effectively communicate information impacting both internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify and promptly communicate to management of situations that may materially affect the Company's overall financial condition.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a team environment both within and outside of assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to reach out to individuals of various levels within the organization in order to resolve issues.
- Functional involvement in change management is frequent and eminent.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of business experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, manufacturing, etc.
- Familiarity with HR systems and accounting preferred
- CPA Certification a plus
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to research and reconcile multiple accounts with minimal supervision
- Strong Excel knowledge
- SAP experience preferred
Apply on company website