Job Description SummaryThe Irrigation Scheduler is responsible for the timely scheduling of the irrigation system for the Farm and its customers.
- Starts, stops, and programs the CAMS irrigation system computer and the request for pumping increase or decrease.
- Keeps accurate records for review by crop managers and customers.
- Operates CAMS computer and its interface with the center pivots in the field, daily and continually.
- Provides daily written and verbal reporting of the operation of the irrigation system to the crop managers and customers.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to the department's Safety Officer.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required, or one to two years related experience and/or training at an irrigation technical instruction school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient personal computer skills include electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Valid current driver's license is required.
- Minimum electrical experience is required for scheduling.
- Excellent clerical skills are required for the daily reporting and record keeping of the operation and run time of the center pivot machines. Both manual and computer records are kept pertaining to the operation of the irrigation system.
- Above-average knowledge of computers and the interface with computers to our CAMS irrigation operating system.
- Has average knowledge of irrigation practices for the various crops grown by the Farm and its customers.
- Has average knowledge of water hydraulics to assure the correct operation of the river and booster pumps throughout the irrigation season.
- Has average knowledge of fertilizer practices and application to various crops in the field.
- Has working knowledge of electrical and fertilizer safety practices in order to avoid injuries to fellow employees and farm equipment.
- Has working knowledge of the CAMS operating system and its software.
Apply on company website