Job Description SummaryReceives instructions from the warehouse lead and utilizes the knowledge of plant and warehouse operating procedures to expeditiously and effectively carry out assignments driving a powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift and clamps to lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment, or materials. Must efficiently maintain supplies to production as well as transfer packaged product to cold storage areas.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Knows safety rules and regulations for lift truck operation.
- Inspects the lift truck prior to operation and reports any deficiency.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Understand information is on the manifest tickets and how this information applies to their responsibilities.
- Understand the procedure for “First In First Out” procedures
- Loads and unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device as needed.
- Maintains bulk repacks.
- Reports all equipment failures and mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Completes forms in accurate, timely and legible manner and can identify cases, labels, cuts, colors, catalog numbers, day codes and acceptable case conditions.
- Knows procedures for battery changes.
- Will rotate through all position within Job title
- Any other task as directed by Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Lead or Team Leaders
Supplies DM, batter, SAPP, condiment, and sugars for processing. Removes filled waste carts and totes from the plant areas. Empties out waste carts and totes into waste hopper.
Sanitizes waste carts, wastes totes, and lift truck as needed. Keeps waste area clean and organized. Knows FIFO procedures.
Maintains sanitation duties in the freezer. Transports finished goods or tote product to or from zero degree cold storage bays in warehouse and able to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods Stacks good or restricted cased product and supplies rework with restricted product. Communicates with manifestor on what inventories, and which items to blend, to rework, and which items to put away in the freezer. Communicates when bay transfers are needed, and which bay to transfer to. Monitors freezer rollers and keeps them from backing up the line. Removes hand stacked pallets from the hand palletizing area. Replaces cases opened by Q.A.
Sorts and stacks excess bulk and supplies packaging with bulk blend Supplies pallets to the palletizing area. Sort the Bulk Return bulk to freezer
Tote Room Driver
Supplies totes to add back machines. Monitors tote room activities and supplies empty totes, and remove filled totes. Assists palletizer operator with loading pallets in pallet dispenser as needed. Maintains adequate empty totes for all bulk‑off stations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and fill out forms in English. Ability to speak effectively with other employees in the organization in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Also must be able to memorize product codes, labels and bulk lot numbers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold in the freezer and extreme heat in the summer months. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply on company website