Job Description SummaryThe Maintenance-Operator/Laborer (primarily in the Fixed Assets Department) performs tasks involving operating heavy equipment to construction labor at building and other Farm projects.
- Operating backhoe, track hoe, forklifts and loaders.
- Cleans construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
- Tends machine that pumps concrete through spray-gun for application to ceilings and walls.
- Mixes ingredients to create compounds used to cover or clean surfaces.
- Builds and positions forms for pouring concrete and dismantles forms after use using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Digs ditches and levels earth to grade specifications using pick and shovel.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Smooth and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete, using float, trowel, screed, or powered cement finishing tool.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Assembles and fastens materials using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue, to make framework or props.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- Installs structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools.
- Fills cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sands patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Finishes surfaces of woodworking or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structure and repairs or replaces, using hand tools.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Verifies trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Estimates amount and kind of lumber or other materials required and selects and orders them.
- Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or rollers.
- Occasionally sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
- Cuts stencils, and brushes and sprays lettering and decorations on surfaces.
- Occasionally smoothes surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machine.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, stain, or varnish.
- Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun or putty knife.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switchovers, from walls prior to painting.
- Occasionally burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Covers surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surface during painting.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to work above ground level.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Assembles, installs, and/or repairs plumbing.
- Paints and repairs woodwork and plaster.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures, such as sheds and outbuildings.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED or 6 months of related experience
- Basic Tool experience
Apply on company website