Job Description SummaryAble to precisely record all production transactions into and out of the warehouse and follow procedures as outlined by plant policy and manifest skills training. Uses computer ticketing software to ticket new items produced and able to log information legibly when required. Able to use sound reasoning to communicate with other departments quality issues noticed with finished goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Accurate tracking of manifest finished goods from the production floor to other designated locations in-house and to third-party warehouse locations. This requires accurate documentation and organization to ensure that finished product is accounted for. Other duties include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Understand and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assure all equipment is properly adjusted and center lined to run efficiently.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment as directed by plant policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as required.
- Must actively practice and abide by all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and general hygiene regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to be cross-trained to operate equipment utilizing computer touch screen panels to make adjustments to packaging palletizing equipment to optimize efficiency and change from one product to another.
- Manage the startup and shutdown of manifest after each shift to ensure proper and accurate documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining proper housekeeping of the manifest area as needed using plant methods and procedures.
- Ability to clean then sanitize manifest equipment and area as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisory staff and maintenance personnel regarding safety, quality, operational, or mechanical issues which arise and cannot be resolved by the manifest operator.
- Must be able to recognize dangerous or hazardous situations and follow proper hazardous energy control procedures as outlined in plant policies and procedures.
- Must be able to observe quality issues with finished product such as damage to the packaging cases, bags inside of case, or inaccurate or ineligible case codes.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, and stack cases of finished product as required frequently.
- Ensure all products are ticketed in compliance with company standards and applicable laws.
- Must be able to work on shift until all “End of Shift” reports have been completed accurately and turned in.
- Assist in training other Manifest Operators when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader or lead personnel.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
The following equipment and tools are required to perform duties required for this position: Cross-trained on case coders, utilize multiple touchscreen computer panels, palletizer and stretch wrap machines, and trained on manifest printers, palletizer area conveyors, operation of roll-up doors, computer and Microsoft office programs and other equipment as assigned for multiple packaging lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of computer operation, data entry systems when changing from one product to another, and the ability to type on a computer
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
Apply on company website