Job Description SummaryJob Profile Summary
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of employees. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during examinations and treatments. Observes and maintains record on patient care, condition, reactions and progress. Assists in developing preventive health care programs. Registered Nurse certification.
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of employees. Prepares equipment and executes sound nursing judgment and within appropriate RN scope of practice for patient's examinations and treatments. Observes and maintains record on patient care, condition, reactions and progress. Assists in developing preventive health care and safety programs. Registered Nurse certification
- Maintains and adheres to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Procedure Manuals and Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Performs occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under physician standing orders
- Provides first aid/emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members and secures appropriate transportation as required
- Provides first aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Provides nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon the Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders and as ordered by the company physician
- Schedules and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire, injury/illness, respirator/HazMat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing
- Collaborates with other health, safety, production and human resources team members in a comprehensive approach to the team member's health
- Communicates information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to the RN Supervisor and/or Medical Case Manager and Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- Assists with follow-up, maintenance, and documentation of workers' compensation cases
- Conducts daily plant walk-through to ensure team-member and team-leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
- Maintains Occupational Health Services records and reporting systems according to OSHA, State, company, and legal requirements. Records maintained include but are not limited to, post-hire assessments, team member health records, OSHA records, audiometric testing, and individual health surveillance records
- Maintains confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy and HIPPA.
- Assists with team member health promotion, education and training programs
- Plans and develops objectives of plant's Health and Safety Services Determine need for further medical treatment of occupational injuries and coordinate treatment
- Recommends preventative and corrective measures
- Orders and maintains a supply of personal safety equipment and health services supply
- Trains associates on wellness programs
- Performs OSHA recordkeeping
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations
- Prepares reports of medical statistical data
- Maintains accurate records and reports
- Collects accurate accident/illness information
- Minimum academic preparation includes completion of accredited school of registered nursing program and current license to practice as a registered nurse in Iowa.
- Bachelor's in Nursing preferred.
- Two years+ experience required in the performance of nursing skills relative to Occupational Health Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid Responder certification.
- Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills desired.
- Knowledge of personal computers and proficient in computer related software skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel
- Ability to write and document reports
Apply on company website