Job Description SummaryThe packaging laborer position is responsible for Tote room (add back) functions. These duties include controlling Tote room (add back) activity, reworking cased product, and re-case and strip out activities.
Toteroom (Add‑back responsibilities):
- Running of add‑back equipment (adding bulk product back to lines).
- Must be able to work in cold conditions and also work safely amid constant hyster traffic.
- Must insure correct bulk is blended to lines and must record pertinent information on add‑back activity sheets.
- Must rake product out of totes into add‑back hopper, if necessary.
- Must also help with overflow totes and waste totes (raking and/or changing).
- Must be able to communicate needs to hyster drivers which is sometimes difficult due to noise levels.
- Must also be able to communicate well with team leaders, leads, Manifestor and other employees.
- Tools and equipment used: product rakes, shovels, squeegees, white carts, waste carts, electric pallet jack, broom and dust pan.
- Rework (strip‑out) of cased product into totes for adding back to lines.
- Correct marking of totes with pertinent information so as to be correctly manifested.
- Filling out of rework log (record of product reworked).
- Handling of recase activities, case damage, bag rework, and clean‑up when necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or on‑the‑job type training along with Team Leaders help and instruction.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write accurate information on simple forms in English.
- Ability to effectively present or listen to information in one‑on‑one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Just as the job includes working different positions, they each have different locations and settings.
- The environment of these different locations varies as do the responsibilities.
- The Tote room, for instance, is a high noise, high traffic area.
- The Tote room is a temperature controlled cold environment that may require freezer suit.
- There is hyster traffic almost constantly.
Not to exceed 20 shifts.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be available to break other packaging laborer positions.
- Cleanup of packaging area: sweeping, shoveling, general sanitation.
- Handling of case damage (case and bag rework).
- Handling product accumulated in packaging carts.
- Strip‑out of bags in overflow and waste totes or on add‑back inspection shakers.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
Apply on company website