Job Description SummaryJob Summary:
Perform packaging procedures as required to fulfill the daily production plan, working closely with the Packaging Technician, Leads and Supervisors to coordinate incoming and outgoing product flow in the Packaging area.
• Under the direction of the production lead or supervisor, package finished product to specificication
• Duties include hooking up, filling, and labeling supersacks.
• Coordinate with other Packers and Packaging Technicians to ensure the efficient performance of the manufacturing process.
• Sanitation duties as required to maintain a clean and safe environment.
• Accomplish other related work as required.
• Comply with all safety regulations and follows Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Reports all accidents/injuries and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Maintains any logs as required.
• Safely use heavy material handling equipment such as fillers or electric pallet jacks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent; or up to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mathematical skills. (Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.)
- Ability to retrieve data from a computer HMI (Human Machine Interface).
- Ability to multitask; operate two fillers simultaneously.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially food production, is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as formulas, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly in English commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- May be asked to pass safe forklift drivers test.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to stand for extended time periods, occasionally climb on ladders or other elevated structures.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally perform job duties in dusty conditions, with possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to work safely in close proximity to moving mechanical parts and forklifts.
- Able to occasionally work in high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions.
Apply on company website