Job Description SummaryDevelops and implements overall plant technical strategies and tactics focused on engineering projects, maintenance, and reliability focused improvement programs. Develops and provides leadership to the Early Management (EM) Pillar to ensure implementation of vertical startup and loss prevention systems. Provides solutions to technical problems and provides recommendations for improvements with a One Operations Mindset. Partners with Production Manager on all factory losses to improve production and maintenance activities. Leads the plant technical organization. Develops and leads plant specific engineering and maintenance strategies to achieve key performance goals. Creates and manages all plant technical expense budgets and works with Corporate Engineering to deliver the capital budget. 7 years related experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist plant and provides leadership in establishing safety of all our associates to World Class Safety and Zero Incidents as part of the Plant's Core Value.
- Support and provide Leadership in Quality and Food Safety to achieve goals of Zero Foreign Material.
- Lead the cross-functional development and implementation of the capital plan including the engagement of related Plant and Corporate functions such as, but not limited to Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Environmental, Operations, Maintenance, and Finance
- Collaborate with the Plant in setting clearly delineated roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities consistent with the principles of Lamb Weston Operating Culture (LOC).
- Fostering a team-based problem-solving methodology.
- Support the Plant in driving business literacy through education of key business issues and concepts.
- Work with Platform Engineering Director to resource projects including, but not limited to Engineering Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert and Start-up Manager roles.
- Assist Plant in delivering financial objectives.
- Support the Plant in conducting internal systems audits as required.
- Support the Plant in providing direction and lead the EM Pillar Team in the development of long and short-term plans and goals for the Plant.
- Support the Plant in providing project and technical support.
- Support the Plant in participating on and leading project teams that improve safety, quality, asset utilization, teamwork, work environment, sanitation, costs, and customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize available applications and computer programs.
- Demonstrate executive maturity through decision making and effective communication with various departments and managers to ensure plant resources are efficiently utilized in maximizing true efficiency.
- Lead the Plant in preparing and conducting necessary team meetings for proper communications and development of teams. Must also have the ability to work with Maintenance, Quality, Production and Warehouse teams to create a cooperative environment and foster a One Operations Mindset
- Responsible for giving work direction and coordinating mechanical, tactical, and administrative activities in the maintenance department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree required.
- Five years' experience in Food Manufacturing; three years maintenance experience preferred.
- Leadership skills to work as a peer and advisor to other departments.
- Ability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; Computer applications skills.
- Key Leadership Competencies: Integrity/Trust, Ethics/Values, Action Oriented, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Managing Diversity, Functional/Technical Skills, Managerial Courage, Priority Setting, Drive for Results, Building Effective Teams, Managing Vision and Purpose.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply on company website