Job Description SummaryPartner with business unit leadership team to provide actionable business analytics and fact-based recommendations that will assist in delivering against the stated objectives of both the portfolio and Lamb Weston as a whole. Contact for the VP Sales in identifying and communicating the key financial and business drivers and influence decisions that go along with them through value added analysis. This position is responsible for all accounting functions performed at the Lamb Weston vegetable facilities including supervision of a staff two finance employees and one plant buyer who perform a variety of duties. Areas of responsibility may include development of annual operating plan, monthly forecasting, monthly close procedures, reporting, General Accounting, Internal Audit, and ad hoc projects.
- Leads financial aspects related to Vegetable business.
- Preparation of business reviews for business partners.
- Period/Quarter/Year-end close activities and controls to include Journal Entries, Reconciliations and C&A testing.
- Analysis of financial results and ultimately provide advice to management.
- Management of manufacturing cost information including weekly/monthly manufacturing cost and estimated variances.
- Oversight of inventory tracking to include cycle counts and physical inventory counts.
- Forecast and budget preparation.
- Perform monthly reporting and forecasting activities.
- Partnership with plant team on the Lamb Weston Operating Culture (LOC) and champion the Zero Loss pilar to provide guidance and analysis in meeting the financial and profit objectives.
- Finance support for cost savings analysis, allocation, tracking, and reporting.
- Ensuring all Finance/Accounting policies and procedures are being adhered to by the Vegetable BU to include SOX.
- Develop/implement necessary processes to support internal forecasting/reporting requirements.
- Be a key player on ERP implementation and go forward plans.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
- 5+ years general business and financial experience including:
- B.S. in Finance, Accounting and/or other Business Field, MBA desired
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge of general business concepts.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate financial information into actionable data and recommendations.
- Fundamental understating of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP software tools preferred
- Ability to draw on outside resources and work on cross-functional teams
- Appropriately prioritize workload and demonstrate flexibility when requested to work on special projects.
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate and work under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
Apply on company website