Job Description SummaryThis position requires constant monitoring of fluid levels and temperatures in blanchers, dryers, and fryers. It also requires monitoring of equipment to assure proper product and fluid flows.
- Maintains safe work practices and participates in safety programs.
- Monitors equipment operations and changes settings as required.
- Monitors and fills sapp, sugar, and salt mix tanks as required.
- Monitors filtering of oil systems.
- Performs titration for free fatty acids, test of the oil.
- Communicates problems and breaks in the line to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains expected level of sanitation in work area.
- Starts and Stops equipment as required.
- Maintains oil level in fryer makeup tanks as required, moves oil to and from line 5 tank room.
- Fills out paperwork as required.
- Must have a good understanding of chemicals and the hazards associated with the processing area.
- Cleans under and around fryer, de-oiler and pre-cool area.
- Empties fines buckets as required.
- Performs assigned duties during cut changes and defrost as required.
- Changes paper filter when necessary.
- Change fryer oil as instructed.
- Sanitation of area.
- Bite-test product to assure adequate process.
- Tools and equipment used: flashlights, hot hoses, high pressure hoses, stop watches, stein cups, telephones, scrapers, foamers, shovels, squeegees, brooms, ladders (roll-around stairs), buckets, control panels/terminals, and waste carts.
- Must have good communication skills oral and written.
- This position may not be on ground level. You must be able to withstand high temperatures and humidity. Conditions may sometimes be wet and slippery due to the constant use of sanitation chemicals and water. Anyone who cannot handle extremes in temperature should not consider this position.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
Apply on company website