Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for safely evaluating the quality of finished products to assure that they meet company quality standards.
Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:
Perform continuous checks on the following attribute tests on finished products: Color, texture, flavor, length, size of cut, defects, percent of solids, percent of salt, bag and case weight, container condition, metal detector checks, labeling and coding, and calibration of Dicromat and Agtron. The tests are divided into 8 or 9 positions which are: line 1 color and texture, line 2 color and texture, line 1 length and defect, line 2 length and defect, and checkweigher position for lines 1, 2, and 3. Line 7 all attributes, line 8 all attributes, line 9 all attributes, and checkweigher position for lines 7, 8, and 9.
The technician is required to:
- Perform all product evaluation checks as per corporate procedures quickly and safely
- Understand computer operations including product specifications, data entry, dispositions, and quality trends.
- Know how to calculate Moving Averages in case of computer failure.
- Assure equipment is properly set for the tasks performed
- Notify supervisory staff of deviations from quality standards
- Understand the hazards located in the lab (i.e. fryer) and how to react in an emergency
- Assist in training Quality Assurance Tech Trainees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Must actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Know proper handling of hazardous chemicals (i.e.: silver nitrate) and correct first aid procedures in the event of a chemical accident.
- Be able to explain the fire escape routes from any work area in the Plant.
- Disposition product and record data as per Supervisor's instructions.
- Assist manifest in communicating correct hold time perimeters to the lab.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory or lead personnel.
The following equipment and/or tools are used in performing the duties of this position: Scales/case and bag checkweighers, knives, U.S.D.A. color charts, tape measure, lab fryers, calculators, telephones, defect template, Company product evaluation and quality scoring cards, manifest and hold tickets, concentrated chemicals, ovens, microwaves, Arizona or Mark I, computer, food grinders, salt analyzer, various kinds of glassware and measuring devices, timers, Agtron, metal detector wands, heat lamps, trays, length grading board and machine, and thermometers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be trained and have spent a pre-determined length of time in all work positions. These positions include: Color and Texture, Length and Defects, and Packaging InspectionOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to use a computer for data entry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
- Is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to climb up stairs.
- Must show knowledge of safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- Should continuously demonstrate awareness of potential safety hazards in work area, which includes slippery floors from water or oil residue, moving machinery, and forklift traffic.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as moderate heat and cold environments.
- May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- Will regularly work in an environment in which the noise level is high.
Apply on company website