Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for all information generated through the Q.A. systems being filed and recorded in an organized manner, reporting to the Q.A. Manager on the accuracy and completeness of daily records and any trends or deviations encountered through daily record review. This position performs all plant bacterial checks including sampling, sample preparation, reading samples and recording data. The Tech I must be able to work easily with all supervisors, operators, sanitation workers and other Lab Techs.
This position requires being actively engaged in safety, participating in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, requires performing risk assessments and demonstrating ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately maintain quality attribute records, daily and year to date averages.
- Generate quality summaries/reports and distribute.
- Daily collecting, reviewing and filing of Q.A. data.
- Maintain inventories and fill out purchase requisitions for all lab materials and supplies.
- Accurately research Q.A. data in helping prepare reports.
- Aseptic collection and processing of certain samples for bacterial analysis.
- Maintain and provide written records of bacteria check results to supervisors and Q.A. Supervisor; this includes notification of supervisor when corporate standards are exceeded.
- Advise Q.A. Manager or on inventory levels of bacteria lab supplies and media.
- Maintain a file of all bacteria lab reports, be able to accurately key in information, generate reports and distribute to appropriate individuals.
- Perform any special projects assigned.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times, and exhibit good personal hygiene.
- Perform all other duties assigned/requested by Q.A. Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Actively engaged in safety, participating in safety programs, safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety of other team members. Report all incidents, near misses, and any safety concerns.
- Must be sanitation qualified.
· Ability to read and write in English.
· Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and other employees.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Must be able to use a computer for data entry, report generation and research.
· Is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and taste/smell.
· Must be able to climb up/down stairs.
· Ability to safely lift 36 lbs. (a typical weight for a case of product)
Apply on company website