Job Description SummaryProvides leadership for all safety and health related functions for a multi-line food manufacturing facility to ensure a safe work environment and highly safety-engaged employees. Reports directly to the Plant Manager and works with the plant leadership team to drive safety performance in all aspects of plant operation. Supervises safety department members, including the Occupational Health Nurse and Safety Technician.
- Lead the plant EHSS Pillar to drive the Lamb Weston Operating Culture. Administer the Key Concepts of Safety program to build an operating culture that integrates safety with daily operations. Mentor pillar team members for successful engagement and ownership.
- Lead in the active engagement of all employees in safety related activities. Demonstrate excellence in daily risk reduction through developing area ownership teams.
- Ensure the plant operates in compliance with all applicable safety and health regulations and established standards. Act as a liaison for the Company to regulatory agencies when needed, (e.g., inspections, conference committees, SME, etc.). Maintain accurate injury recordkeeping
- Provides strategic direction to Nurse in occupational health & ergonomic issues. Supports RTW.
- Provide leadership to identify hazards, especially those of potential serious injury consequence. Maintain the risk register and take a leadership role in prioritizing and reducing risks. Utilize risk assessment techniques to improve machine safety, ergonomics, and mechanical integrity
- Lead safety assurance efforts to include: Support third party assessments and support and conduct self-assessments at plants to ensure monitoring and measuring performance
- Participate in early management design and review process, management of change, and whenever new substances, processes, or procedures are introduced that may represent a new or previously unrecognized hazard to reduce risk potential and ensure compliance.
- Lead efforts to have adequately identified hazards and subsequent emergency response action and response plans. Ensure adequate training of responders.
- Lead incident management efforts to ensure timely reporting, accurate root cause analysis (TapRooT©), and CAPA sharing. Ensure effective corrective and preventive actions are developed and tracked to completion.
- Support mentoring of Safety Team Leaders and interns and participate in recruiting efforts
- BS Safety or closely related field (IH, Ergonomics, Environmental Mgmt., Security)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Graduate Safety Professional (GSP)
- 4-10 Years experience in food manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of EPA, OSHA, DOT and worker's compensation laws.
- Strong communication/presentation skills and the proven ability to motivate leaders.
Apply on company website