Job Description SummaryThis position is assigned to various geographic locations within the Plant, for the purpose of maintaining clean and sanitary machinery, floor areas, miscellaneous equipment, and belts.
This position will perform tasks that include but are not limited to; shoveling and sweeping for long periods of time, lifting and emptying waste product, scrubbing walls, ceilings and equipment and must have the agility and stamina to use cleaning chemicals, ladders, high pressure guns, air hoses, and hot water units in a safe manner.
This position will also, at times, be required to perform tasks not directly related to sanitation under the direction of shift supervision and sanitation lead.
This position will obey all safety and GMP regulations, procedures, and practices set by the Company and Sanitation Department.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Clean equipment using established procedures, provided tools and training.
- Clean floors and maintain good housekeeping in area.
- Mix and use cleaning chemicals according to established procedures.
- Maintain a safe work area through adherence to safety rules and reporting of hazardous conditions.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning agents, their uses, mixtures, hazards and first aid procedures.
- Must have understanding of various chemicals associated with Hazardous Chemical Program.
- Adhere to all company rules, policies, and/or procedures concerning work, GMP's and safety.
- Must have good communication skills oral and written.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and ability to safely use cleaning equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions (i.e. extreme cold and heat, extreme wet, within closed surroundings).
- Must pass a 30 shift Sanitation training period composed of two phases:
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
Apply on company website