Job Description SummaryUnder the supervision of a Team Leader or General Sanitation Coordinator, this position is responsible for the assisting in the general sanitation of the plant and its grounds. This position will have varying responsibilities depending on their rotation. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: mixing chemicals, applying chemicals, using manual labor to clean areas, sanitizing bathrooms, general custodial duties, and special projects. Specific duties will be split up among different groups but may be reassigned as needed by the General Sanitation Coordinator or a Team Leader. General Sanitation employees are required to be at all clean ups. Direct report to Sanitation Coordinator and then to Team Leader Sanitation.
- Responsible for general sanitation of the plant while it is running.
- Responsible for sanitation of the plant while it is down.
- Responsible for cleaning up after spill points and notifying Team Leaders of any recurring spill points.
- Will need to be able to attain a confined space permit.
- Needs to understand which chemicals can be used in different areas.
- May be required to assist with GL job responsibilities.
- Responsible for working all cleanups.
- Will need to be able to become elevated work authorized.
- Will rotate through the different positions of sanitation as directed by the Sanitation Coordinator.
- Responsible for cleaning during breaks in line flow.
- Responsible for performing rework as needed.
- Check all shadow boards in area.
- Must attend 1 safety huddle per day.
- Must perform a minimum of 3 safety activities per week
- Must understand LOTO and become LOTO certified.
- Must follow all plant and job specific safety duties.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Works weekend cleanups as assigned.
- Keeps all tools and equipment not in use in their assigned locations.
- Aides in the training of newer employees as directed by the supervisory staff.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisors as needed.
Must be able to communicate effectively and understand both verbal and written instructions.
- Must have a basic mechanical aptitude.
- Understands basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear a chemical suit for most of a shift.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be able to work all cleanups.
- Must be able to work on feet all day.
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, and shovel sweet potatoes off of the floor to an elevated position.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs.
Apply on company website