Job Description SummaryAs one of the world's leading producers of frozen potato, sweet potato, and vegetable products, Lamb Weston operates multiple plants throughout the North America and works closely with growers to produce a wide variety of high-quality products our customers expect. We are searching for and experienced and outstanding Agriculture Analyst.
This position is ideal for a progressive and enthusiastic individual who takes pride in their work and shares the company's commitment to continuous improvement in providing analytical support in all aspects of potato sourcing and related business operations for Lamb Weston in North America as well as in developing markets abroad. This role represents an excellent opportunity to advance your career in an organization with a great reputation and commitment to continuous improvement and data driven decision making.
- Generate reports and manage associated datasets for crop monitoring including weather, crop input prices, field samples, planting and harvest progress, potato yields and quality
- Develop crop and market reports for sales and customers
- Maintain detailed operational reports, including inventory movements and usage, contract fulfillment, and harvest schedules
- Manage reporting to external agencies, including USDA
- Provide grower performance benchmarking reports
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Lead process improvement projects
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- All other assignments and responsibilities as directed by the Manger of Ag Services
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Agribusiness, Ag Economics or similar focus, Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related Ag. industry experience, expert knowledge of commercial agricultural production, with preference to commercial potato production, processing potato supply chain and/or commodity procurement
- Highly skilled in managing information, quantitative analysis and critical thinking
Apply on company website