Job Description SummaryLeads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results. 1 year related experience.
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
- Provide employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
- Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment.
- Enforce plant rules, regulations and procedures.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelors' degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, or other Natural Science degrees preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and loss
- Knowledge of GMP's
- Working knowledge of plant equipment and safety
- Ability to distinguish normal/abnormal
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a food-processing or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- Must be available for a 2nd shift position.
- A self-motivated individual that is able to multi-task and lead others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts on both days an nights. weekend work required.
Apply on company website