Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist-EP and Cath lab Apply
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.Summary Job Title: Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time. 1.0, dayshift Monday through Friday with varying start times including rotational on call evenings, weekends and holidays requiring a 30 minute response time. Role will participate in EP and Cath Lab procedures at Lancaster General Hospital. Job Description
Job Title: Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0 dayshift Monday through Friday with varying Start times and rotational on call evenings, weekends and holidays with a 30 minute response time. Participate in EP and Cath Lb procedures at Lancaster General Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Assists physician during all invasive/ cardiology, vascular, and special procedures. Provides patient care to all invasive cardiology, vascular, and special procedures patients, including acquisition and radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiological disorders related to their procedure. Performs and completes data reduction of all electrophysiology studies. Assists with implantation of stents, central lines, Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillator (ICDS) and Pacemakers. Provides didactic and clinical training of new employees and students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists physicians, according to OR standards of practice, during procedures performed in the OR setting. Provides assistance to physician for all procedures, responsible for maintenance of sterile field, proper set-up, and handling and maintenance of equipment and injection of contrast media. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all procedures and care provided. Provides accurate reporting to other health care personnel. Provides basic and advanced life support according to AHA standards under direct supervision of physician or according to protocol. This includes cardioversion and defibrillation, starting intravenous lines, CPR, and airway support. Maintains ability to calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot biomedical electronic equipment pertinent to performing invasive procedures.
- Provides care for critical and non-critical patients during the invasive procedure and assists with Post-procedure care as needed. Performs patient assessments focusing on physiologic, psychologic and cognitive functions of patient. Performs all routine diagnostic fluoroscopic and therapeutic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media, application of immobilization of radiation protection devices according to department of policy and procedures. Analyzes the assessment data to assist in the patient plan of care and to coordinate care across disciplines. Utilizes critical thinking skills to troubleshoot, anticipate and resolve patient issues relevant to procedure. Performs accurate monitoring and recording of patient's hemodynamic status throughout procedure. Reduces and completes all data by applying knowledge of waveform analysis and hemodynamic principles.
- Maintains knowledge of medications and administers all drugs in the Cath Lab formulary.
- Participates in the on-call system within the laboratory for emergency and urgent studies on weekends, nights, and holidays with a 30 minute response time.
- Properly handles and processes images.
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety, electrical safety and universal precautions and utilizes safeguards at all times.
- Participates in all EP/CATH/Vascular procedures with appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the clinical instruction of students and staff on all procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma / GED.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS certified) or Graduate of accredited school of Invasive Cardiovascular Technology (RCIS certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire); OR Vascular-Interventional Radiography (VI) Certified or Graduate of a formal radiation technologists program with RT (R) (VI certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire); OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) Certified or Graduate of a certified school of Electrophysiology (EP) technology (RCES certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire).
This position requires a Professional Certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full Time Posted on 08/27/2021 Apply
Apply on company website