The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Superintendent will schedule all the earthwork, roadwork, or other self-performed work and coordinate field crews through directives given to foremen as well as plan and schedule all requirements to control labor, equipment and material costs. This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of assigned operations and stay within budget. The ideal candidate should be flexible with working hours.
Including but not limited to:
- Oversee field personnel, daily/weekly schedules, and construction operations
- Supervise and schedule grading, drainage, paving, structures, and other miscellaneous highway construction crews and subcontractors on a daily basis
- Provide leadership and direction to construction personnel
- Manage field operations as well as coordinate work with other company Superintendents and subcontractors
- Assist in On-the-Job training
- Take an active role in emphasizing safety, quality and production, leading by example
- Assist Engineers with quantities and productions
- Coordinate equipment and crews and other job related activities to maximize efficiency
- Attend status meetings to discuss progress and public impact
- Perform additional assignments as needed
- Assist estimators and engineers during the pursuit of new work including borrow pit locations and selection, plant site selection, value engineering, etc.
- Develop and train Superintendents, Engineers, Foremen and Craft Workers
- Ensure that ALL resources assigned are maintained, protected, secured and used at optimum efficiency
- Protection and enhancement of public relations, company image, and company worth
- Understand project budgets and productions to manage personnel and equipment efficiently
- Have a working knowledge of all required plans and specifications
- Develop Foreman through mentoring
- Assist with survey and field layout
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience for a Heavy/Highway contractor
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to work in high production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of JDEdwards
- Working understanding of types of equipment necessary for production
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Must have experience with Federal requirements
- Familiar with DOT standards
- Must be willing to travel if necessary
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team building skills is a must
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar is desired but not necessary
- Must have superior math computation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and quickly adaptable to changing conditions across all spectrums.
- Demonstrated and verifiable ability to manage, supervise, schedule, and delegate on large and complicated projects
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website