Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Surgery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Las Palmas Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus!
The Surgery Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for provision of direct nursing care as assigned by OR Charge nurse and/or OR Director and in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the surgery RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates the surgical treatment plans. The surgery RN provides professional nursing care to the surgical patient utilizing the nursing process; collaborates and coordinates with other members of the surgical team including physicians to deliver quality health care immediately pre, intra and immediately post-surgical procedure. Responsible for assuring that the surgical procedure is properly prepared for and assures quality care for the patient. The surgery RN is responsible for the facilitation, coordination and direction of the assigned surgical procedure. The surgery RN is responsible for the Development and maintenance of positive work relations with all internal and external customers.
The Surgery RN:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the Intra-operative nursing process for patients of all ages, assigned to his / her care.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status, during pre-intra and post-operative phases of the procedure; takes appropriate action based on assessment and keeps Charge RN / OR Director apprised of situations as needed.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in accepting assignments and delivering care to all surgical patients assigned to his/her care.
- Assumes responsibility for the cases assigned to him/her and provides leadership and direction to other members of the healthcare team assigned to the case.
- Ascertains that all necessary supplies, instruments, and equipment are available in the room prior to the start of her/his assigned surgical case.
- Safeguards sterility of the surgical procedure by continuously monitoring the surgical technique of the healthcare team and the integrity of the sterile field.
- RN will perform a time out prior to each surgical case while surgical team is present to include surgeon, RN, surgical tech, anesthesiologist. Indication of appropriate procedure and correct site.
- RN will perform a debriefing at the end of each surgical case while surgical team is present to include surgeon, RN, surgical tech, and anesthesiologist. Indication of appropriate procedure, correct surgical count, medications given intraoperatively, and correct specimens ordered.
- RN will learn and assist with departmental chart audits when needed.
- Assists with proper positioning of the surgical patient, by making sure that the correct padding and positioning devices are used correctly and in accordance to the patient's size and surgical procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate surgical equipment in a proficient and safe manner.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to the department and facility policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence of AORN and JCAHO standards.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills when interacting with all internal and external customers.
- Assists with other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
- Current BLS certification. Required
- Current ACLS certification. Required within 6 months of hire or immediately if experienced RN
- Current PALS certification. Required within 6 months of hire or immediately if experienced RN
Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred two years of operating room experience or Two years of critical care experience.
- CNOR, NAL, TNCC desired
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Surgery Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website