The Application Developer reports to the Director, IT Project Management and Applications and is based out of our Carneys Point, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible developing new web applications and support existing web applications. The role is in a LAMP environment with an opportunity to learn and support various other systems including Progress/OpenEdge QAD and Qlikview.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs, develops, and maintains internal and external websites for Lassonde Pappas.
- Uses knowledge of common web development languages (e.g., HTML, Java, PHP, JSP, ASP.Net, Python, AJAX) to build and expand site functionality.
- Creates and enhances the overall website appearance using graphic/multi-media design software and designs site navigation that is clear and easy to understand.
- Ensures sites remain scalable while complying with performance and security standards.
- Updates site content based on input from marketing and documents changes in source code.
- Technical requirements include:
- Linux/Unix: Familiarity with Unix commands, file system layout, crontab, ssh
- Apache: Configuration, services, mod rewrite, htaccess, error log troubleshooting
- MySQL: database/table/index operations
- PHP: At least 3 years work experience writing PHP including web programming
- SQL: General SQL knowledge
- HTML/CSS: Must have a complete understanding of the HTML DOM, CSS and have used Bootstrap.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science/Information Systems)
- 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Typing skills and ability to work at a fast pace
- Team player
- Good interpersonal interaction/personable
- Detailed oriented and can multi-task
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Perl experience
- Qlikview exposure
- ERP systems exposure
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, and strategic thinking skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website