This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Want to learn how to make juice? Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a US Leader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we've been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you're passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee's total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Case Packer Operator will be responsible for operating the Case Packer associated with the line the employee has been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes. This role reports to the Production Supervisor on their shift and is based out of our Hendersonville, North Carolina location.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Operate a case packing, case former, and case sealing production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Use computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines
- Control and adjust machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion
- Know the purpose and follow proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Perform label cuts and clear jams
- Monitor the flow of cases out of the case packer, add bottles to partially filled cases, monitor label quality and replace bottles as necessary
- Monitor the operation of the case sealer; maintain the glue level in the hot melt unit with the specified glue
- Change codes in the Marsh coder, as needed
- Remove and replace grid and assist maintenance in size changeovers
- Proficient in all maintenance aspects of the case packer and case sealer
- Maintain work area clean and orderly on an on-going basis, in compliance with the company's good housekeeping practices
- Accountable for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements for their position
- Encouraged to notify management about actual or potential food safety issues
- Adopt and maintain all SQF requirements for their position
- Empowerment to work with supervision to resolve food safety and food quality issues within their scope of work
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Forklift Certification
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Three months manufacturing experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment
- Excellent time management skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website