Want to learn how to make juice? Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a US Leader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we've been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you're passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee's total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, servicing, and repairing plant equipment. Perform PM's, and complete work orders. This role reports to the Maintenance Manager and is based out of our California location.
- This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and service mechanical equipment, machinery, and components
- Perform skilled repair services of mechanical, electrical and building systems and equipment
- Conduct periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair
- Identify parts needed for replacement and places orders as necessary
- Supervise the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of switches, cables and other equipment to ensure optimum usage and quality
- Ensure compliance to company requirements
- Schedule and coordinate installation support and service operations
- Complete all work in accordance with established safety procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Three years of mechanic experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website