The Production Supervisor oversees and coordinates the work of line employees. The primary responsibility of the Production supervisor is to is to supply the Maintenance and Operations Department with support in the areas of systems development, cost control, operational training, capital project management, business expenses; as well as, safety, environmental and health issues. This position is also responsible for Food Safety and Food quality.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshoot equipment individually and through coaching of the operators when there is downtime. Assist operators to resolve mechanical and operational issues related to equipment stops and breakdowns.
- Work with the operations department to facilitate a teamwork approach, combining the expertise and manpower of both production and maintenance departments for the good of the company
- Define project priorities and provide direction to production staff. Monitors team performance and audit activities to ensure personnel are performing quality work, supporting a quality product and managing equipment to meet goals.
- Provide leadership to team which includes following Performance Management System, setting expectations that align to area's business objectives and providing routine feedback on performance.
- Manage the PDCA process from cradle to grave to include problem statement, root cause analysis, and counter measure implementation.
- Work with improvement teams to identify, evaluate, and implement reliability improvement opportunities through changes to operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and equipment upgrades.
- Develop, post, and communicate procedures/processes for their area that support the production strategies.
- Utilize preventive and predictive operator maintenance techniques to minimize equipment breakdowns
- Manage personnel plan to setup team for success.
- Develop and implement operator preventative maintenance systems. Maintains the plant CIL program, Changeover Program, Startup/Shutdown procedures, and Machine Centerline process.
- Assist in the selection process of new hires. Manage the production training program for the production staff.
- Ability to understand line control, bottle flow, and can flow to balance the line so the flow of work is at an even pace.
- Ability to understand staffing and productivity calculations to understand measures and set targets.
- Coordinate with maintenance department to drive optimum performance on production lines and assists with supporting production personnel as needed.
- Ability to analyze data with use of the computer so measures and set targets can be communicated.
- Demonstrate a working understanding and ability to operate all plant machinery.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot machine setup issues and operator competency gaps.
- Capability to develop training standards and work instructions for production processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- College degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment.
- Must have experience using a PC and business information systems/software.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Experience in report writing
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website