Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Painter. You will perform a wide variety of journey-level painter duties in painting interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, related structures and research apparatus, and equipment such as shop power tools, overhead cranes and tanks using tools and techniques of the painter trade. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Perform journey-level painter duties to LLNL facilities and utilities such as painting interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, related structures and research apparatus, and equipment using the tools and techniques of the trade.
- Perform other journey-level duties such as but not limited to, installation and removal of wallpaper fabric and coverings, layout and stripe parking areas, window glazing and install, and special coatings and signs.
- Operate standard tools such as power tools, hand tools, compressors, power hand tools, spray equipment, sand blasting equipment, striping tools, and forklift to achieve product quality as applicable to the trade to buildings, related structures, research apparatus, and equipment.
- Make decisions jointly with coworkers that involve techniques, guidelines, and procedures that are well defined.
- Provide good customer service, adhering to timelines.
- Prepare and maintain standard reports, logs, and forms related to environmental compliance and Work Orders, as well as data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of apprentice training program and/or journey level work experience in the applicable painter trade.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, power tools of the trade, layout and installation.
- Experience preparing surfaces by sanding, sandblasting, glass bead blasting and removing paint or etching metals with acid and applying enamel, latex and epoxy or other protective substances.
- Experience using spray equipment of all types to apply varnishes, lacquers and stains with brushes and rollers; tape and texture sheet rock; mix and match paints and stains.
- Knowledge of and experience in installation and removal of wall fabric and coverings.
- Demonstrated customer service, effective communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a team member interfacing well with others. Demonstrated effective writing and computer skills necessary to prepare standard reports, enter data and complete timekeeping.
- Basic knowledge of ES&H & OSHA laws and regulations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver's License. Ability to become medically qualified to wear respiratory and protection equipment.
- Ability to lay out and stripe new parking area with ability to use high volume low-pressure spray equipment to meet today's environmental concerns.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
The Laboratory performs a variety of work, including some that may fall under Davis Bacon Act requirements. When work scope falls under this Act, the Laboratory complies with the prevailing wage requirements.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website