The General Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of all four major areas of hotel operations – Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage. Ensures that the hotel is operating within budget guidelines from ownership group and quality guidelines from the brand.
Coordinates with corporate recruiter to ensure proper staffing levels for hotel, manages personnel, budget performance, and financial controls. Resolves guest concerns that have been escalated from other Guest Service personnel.Prerequisites
Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
· College Degree (BS/BA) preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Five years' experience supervising at least 15 associates.
· Three years' experience in hotel management, including managing budgets.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Prior experience working in Hilton or Marriott family of hotels preferred.
Summary of essential job functions
· Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds unassisted and lift and/or carry 30 pounds unassisted.
· Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch and reach.
· Must be able to communicate with other associates and/or guests.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must have thorough knowledge of government regulations as applicable to the hotel industry
· Knowledge of industry safety standards
· Knowledge of accounting processes, including receivables, payables, budgets, invoices, payroll
· Practical knowledge of LBA rules, policies, and procedures
· Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including group presentations.
· Proficient written and verbal English
· Financial analysis skills to assess potential business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the success of the business.
· Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
· Creative and strategic skills.
· Relates well with others and flexibility of working with a team
· Analyze work for accuracy of self and others.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook.
· Leadership skills to develop and counsel subordinate associates
· Combines a confident, self-starting, high-performance orientation with a track record that reflects a “can do” attitude.
· Multi-task, remain associate and guest service-centric.
· Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
· Must be able to work effectively in a stressful atmosphere.
· Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
· Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.Specific Responsibilities
1. Ensure hotel staff are properly greeting guests, adhering to uniform standards, and appropriately resolving guest complaints so as to provide an atmosphere of hospitality.
2. Manage new hire processes for each department within the property and ensure all newly hired associates complete required paperwork and orientation.
3. Review ongoing training practices to ensure all associates are kept up to date on current policies/procedures.
4. Maintain a professional, cohesive team by hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and developing associates
5. Promote positive morale and friendly attitude.
6. Monitor communication between departments and ensure a timely and accurate flow of information.
7. Develop and execute long and short term financial objectives and exceed budgeted sales and expense goals.
8. Review cost accounts on a weekly basis.
9. Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and that any outages are reported and resolved as quickly as possible.
10. Complete administrative duties such as scheduling, payroll, inventory, orders, and production controls in a timely manner.
11. Ensure hotel staff are adhering to company rules and policies and oversee implementation of any new rules, policies, or procedures.
12. Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
13. Maintain business and charitable involvement in the community
14. Inspect guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness, safety, and appearance.
15. Other duties as assigned, that the associates is capable of performing.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
· This position requires a physical presence at the hotel and is not conducive of telecommuting or remote work.
· Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image.
· May be required to work any day/shift, including weekends
· Periodic overnight travel required may be required.
Positions for possible advancement
· Regional Director of Operations
Apply on company website