Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following The Company standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms as well as the usage and organization of supplies.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar positions: lodging, housing, hospitals, and care facilities all helpful, not mandatory.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, crawl, kneel.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read or understand English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other supplies.
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Guestroom cleaning procedures.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Maintain designated minutes per room.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply with all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate with guest and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member.
- Daily responsible for cleaning vacant dirty rooms to be guest ready, and returning occupied dirty rooms to an occupied clean status within specified time and accuracy constraints per brand standards and best practices set forth by LBA.
- Maintain a crisp, clean and professional appearance daily adhering to grooming and uniform standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly housekeeping cart.
- Follow all cleaning procedures outlined in the housekeeping training with every assignment and as specified on the training checklist.
- Follow general clean procedures every 90 days.
- Report any discrepancies to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Assist in maintaining other areas of the hotel in a clean and orderly condition, (ex. Associate lounge and locker room, restrooms, public areas, stairwells, and back of the house area).
- Respond to guest requests and inquiries immediately.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and understand the safety and security needs of our guests and associates.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, available to work holidays and weekends as necessary in a 24/7 operation.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is in a training capacity as a checker, assistant housekeeper or either the front office or a food and beverage department. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website