Starbucks Store Manager
The Barista plays an integral part in creating a genuine moment of connection with the customer by discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication. Responsibilities include making and serving specialty coffee/tea beverages and other food items, speaking and interacting with customers, maintaining a clean and sanitized work station, following health and safety guidelines, and contributing to a positive team environment.
The Company associates have access to company property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy. Additional pre requisites include:
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with limited direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent of same.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must possess basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Standards of operation as required by The Company and the brand.
- Basic math skills: to include measuring ingredients and handling cash.
- Menu items: preparation and service
- Area shopping, dining entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintain work area in a guest ready mode.
- Multi task, remain associate and customer service centric.
- To work under pressure and maintain a calm demeanor at all times.
- To work flexible hours that include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays; and consistently arrive for shift on time and maintain attendance when scheduled.
- Effectively communicate with customers and associates (Starbucks and Hotel).
- Solve customer issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manage smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard. To display a customer-comes-first attitude at all times.
- To work with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and LBA.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks and LBA.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers at all times.
- Promote positive morale and aggressively friendly attitudes.
- Communicate information to the Shift Supervisor and/or Store Manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues to ensure the highest quality products and service is provided.
- Follows all Starbucks and LBA operational policies and procedures related to cash handling: all cash management and cash register policies and ensure proper cash management practices are followed.
- Must be thoroughly familiar and follow all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Follow all health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Shift Supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
I have read the job description, including the physical requirements of the position, and by signing below attest that I can perform this job in its entirety without accommodation.
Apply on company website